Collection of Personal Information you provide. We may obtain information that you provide directly to us when you interact with the Site (e.g., when you fill out any form, including contact forms, sign up to receive emails, newsletters, or other marketing materials and advertisements from us, use our “Find a Sales Representative” tool, comment on blog posts, create an account for online ordering, submit website feedback, or otherwise navigate through the Site). The information we collect on or through the Site may also include records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us, your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes, details of transactions your carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of your orders, and search queries. Any of this information may include personal information, which is information that can be used to identify you individually, such as your name, home address, email address, phone number, payment information, and company affiliation.
Information collected automatically. As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection tools and technologies, such as cookies and web server logs, to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. The types of information we collect may include usage details, IP addresses, location data, logs, device identifiers, browser characteristics, operating system details, language preferences, referring URLs, length of visits, and pages viewed. A cookie is a piece of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your computer as an anonymous tag that identifies your computer but not you. Many web browsers are set to accept cookies by default, but you may be able to set your browser to notify you before you receive a cookie, or to remove or reject cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of this Site or other websites and that disabling cookies may invalidate opt outs that rely on cookies to function.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
· Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
· Web Beacons. Pages of our Site and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Your web browser may have settings that allow you to transmit a “Do Not Track” signal when you visit various websites or use online services. Like many websites, this Site is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” signals, you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Use of Personal Information We may use personal information we collect through the Site to:
- Present our Site and its contents to you;
- Facilitate and personalize your user experience;
- Conduct statistical analysis of Site content, layout, and features for our marketing purposes;
- Improve the Site, our marketing, or services we may offer;
- Present you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- Deliver promotional content to you;
- Send you newsletters;
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, or legal process, as well as industry standards and our company policies;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- Prevent, investigate, identify, stop, or take any other action with regard to suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity, or any activity that violates our policies;
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- For any other purpose, with your consent.
Sharing of Personal Information We may share your personal information with our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, service providers, business partners, vendors that provide services on our behalf, and other third parties we use to support our business. These parties are not meant to use personal information except for the purpose(s) for which it was provided.
Additionally, we may disclose information:
· When required by subpoena, search warrant, court order, or other legal processes, or in response to activities that are unlawful or a violation of our rules for use of the Site, or to protect and defend our rights or property;
· If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of GCSM, our customers, or others.
Security We take reasonable measures to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the Internet and online digital storage are not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through the Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Third-Party Analytics and Advertising We may use third-party technology to collect and use data in connection with interest-based advertising, and other parties may collect your personal information about your online activities over time and across different devices and online properties when you use the Site. These ad technology companies and advertisers may use, store, or access cookies, web beacons, and other storage technologies to collect or receive information from the Site and elsewhere on the Internet and use that information to provide advertising services to us, including interest-based advertising or advertisements targeted to your interests delivered over time and across online services and devices.
We may use certain web analytics services, including Google Analytics, to help us understand and analyze how visitors use the Site and to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. We’ve implemented Google Analytics Advertising Features such as remarketing with analytics, interest-based advertising, demographics and interests reporting, and user segment analysis. We and our vendors may use first-party cookies or other first-party identifiers as well as third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers to deliver advertisements, create a profile of you, measure your interests, detect your demographics, detect your location, and personalize content.
We do not control these third parties' analytics and advertising technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
To find out more about how these analytics services manage the privacy of information in conjunction with delivering ads online and how to opt out of information collection by these networks, visit www.youradchoices.com and www.networkadvertising.org.
For more information on how Google Analytics uses data collected through the Site, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. To opt out of Google Analytics cookies, visit adssettings.google.com and tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
GCSM does not control how other parties manage their opt-out processes.
Social Features Certain features of the Site may permit you to initiate interactions between the Site and other platforms like social networks (for example, to share the Site with your friends). Using these features may allow both GCSM and the operator of the other platform to access certain information about your use of our Site and theirs, including personal information. You should review the terms, policies, and settings of these other platforms to learn more about their data practices and/or adjust your settings.
Your Choices If you are a registered user, you can review, revise, or delete personal information you provide to us by logging into your account and accessing account profile settings.
You can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by following the instructions provided in the emails or, if available, by changing your communication preferences in your account settings. Please note that your opt-out is limited to the email address used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions. If you opt-out of only certain communications, other subscriptions may continue. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, GCSM may, subject to applicable law, continue to send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or GCSM’s ongoing business relations.